Pages

Tuesday 18 June 2013

INNISFREE Salon Hair Care Program


so recently it was my birthday but i totally didnt feel like celebrating at all
i think i've hit the 1/5-life crisis and am super depressed about getting older helplessly
so what i did was to stay home all day while the rest of the country celebrated father's day, and treated my hair to this AMAZING PRODUCT

i have come to term it a miracle product now because it seriously did WONDERS for my hair

first, i'll tell you about the state of my hair
my hair used to be amazingly smooth and soft about a year ago because i took care of it really well, and also thanks to BaWang shampoo! (another post)
but then i started colouring it and bleaching it occasionally (dip-dye) which resulted in the ends of my hair becoming super dry LIKE STRAW and just beyond salvage after a while
so what i did was to cut away the straw-like ends every now and then (yes, i cut my own hair) and my hair just became shorter and shorter, but the ends were still bad ):

currently, my hair length is just a little below my shoulders, my hair ends are still coloured
my hair condition is slightly better because i have been using hair care products more regularly, but my ends are still not in the best condition
also, my hair gets clumpy even though i would consider it to be on the dry side, making it very uncomfortable, which is why i always run my fingers through my hair whenever, wherever

now, on to the product!
i bought this product a year ago in korea without any thoughts, just wanted to spend my remaining money
which was why i didnt use it til now, it was kept away til i recently re-discovered it
cant remember now how much exactly did it cost, but it wasnt too expensive

because i did not hold any sort of expectations from this product, the results really blew me away!
my hair type is naturally wavy (dad has curly hair), but i always style my hair as straight as possible by blow-drying it every.single.freaking.day
yeah i know its bad, but i cant help it ㅠ~ㅠ

so for this product there are 2 options available, one was the straight hair and one was the wavy hair option
i picked the straight hair option

and if you opened the box, it contains 3 things:
1. ampoule
2. the treatment product
3. shower cap


the back of the box was entirely in korean so i didnt take a photo of it
even the instructions were in korean
though i could read and understand, i couldnt understand the instructions very thoroughly which led to me googling the directions, but that didnt really help either haha

so, i followed my own instincts (:

1) basically, i shampooed my hair first to clean it, and then wash it off and slightly towel-dry it
2) then i applied the ampoule and massaged it into my hair and scalp, and waited for 5 minutes
3) after 5 minutes, i applied the treatment over my ampouled hair, especially on hair (making sure i get the product onto as many strands of hair as possible)
4) i neatened my hair into a bun and then wore the shower cap over
5) by right, you're supposed to wait for only about 20minutes and then wash everything off thoroughly, but i waited for about an hour heh


AMPOULE
the ampoule came in a transparent liquid like substance that smells mentholish
BUT! it totally refreshes your scalp!
when the substance touches your scalp, after 1 second, your scalp becomes super cool
its like eating a mint sweet and then drinking water, same effect
it felt like i was undergoing a spa session to cool my entire head by burying it in a bucket of snow haha
in singlish terms, it was damn shiok lah!
there was enough product to cover my entire head of hair, and even enough for me to spread it evenly throughout
*what you should do here is to divide your hair into horizontal sections so that the areas closer to the roots receives product too

PACK
the pack was essentially the treatment, and felt the same too
this would condition your hair into the softness that one always desires
smells pleasant, very gentle on scalp, and the serving was generous
i had leftovers that i simply piled on on my hair-ends


after washing off everything thoroughly, i blow-dried my hair about 70% and already i could feel the instant difference in terms of texture
my hair was so much softer than before (remember, STRAW) and it was also easier to run my fingers through (no more clumpiness)
of course, it would be myopic to judge so quickly, because the real test would be the durability of this product's results over the next few days

2nd day: i woke up with SUPER STRAIGHT HAIR, washed and blowed by hair and it still felt the same, soft and smooth
went to work where i bunned my hair and sprayed plenty of superhard gatsby hairspray to make it stay for 9hours
and after 9hrs when i finally released my hair, it only took about 5 minutes to become 90% straight again!
even my colleagues were amazed that my hair totally didnt have any 'bunned marks' and it looked like i just came to work ^^

3rd day: again, woke up with SUPER STRAIGHT HAIR, tied my hair into a messy bun the whole day, but when i released it, it became super straight again in a small amount of time, still very smooth!

and finally, today is the fourth day and i am still waking up with super straight and smooth hair

i really think i have found my miracle hair product this time!
gonna see if Innisfree still sells them when i go over to korea soon and imma stock up big time if they do!


No comments: