Pages

Saturday 8 June 2013

NATURE REPUBLIC Gel Eyeliners

gel liners are my absolute favourite type of eyeliner
they are the ones i SOLELY SWEAR BY
NO OTHER; IRREPLACEABLE
ok i assume you get my point
 
why you may ask?
compared to pencil liners, gel liners are easier to use because the colour comes on with less force
i have used pencil liners in the past and my eyelids hurts from all that scratching done trying to perfect the shade i want
compared to liquid liners, they are easier to remove if you make a mistake while drawing, and dont leave faint black patches (from the erasing) as badly as liquid liners
 
granted, there is negativity too
its harder to achieve a perfectly straight line with gel liners than say liquid liners
but thats what sharpeners are for! (:
ok there are days where im lazy to sharpen my liners and i just end up drawing thicker lines haha
 
also i feel that gel liners gives you a gentler look compared to liquid/pencil liners and doesnt make you look as fierce/bitchy if your drawn line is too thin
 
introducing, my secret weapons!
 
 
from top to bottom: botanical gel eyeliner, provence gel eyeliner, and lastly the tropical dream gel eyeliner

 
and all 3 are from NATURE REPUBLIC

 
looooove nature republic's packaging
always so environmentally friendly~

 
and here are the tips of my eyeliners
i love multi-function products!
at the end of the provence liner is a smuger for you the create the smoky sorta effect, and the other two has sharpeners at their ends
 
closer look at the ends

 
let me just say that i am very guilty of drawing my eyelines in the car/taxi on the way to work
and i really hate it when the tip of my liner is blunt because it just adds on to the difficulty level of drawing while on the move!
so i always sharpen my liners in the car with these end sharpeners
so convenient!

and swatches

basically all three liners has the SAME IDENTICAL EVERYTHING BUT ITS NAME (or colour)
same price (7000원), same texture, same creaminess, same consistency, same effect, same everything
im guessing that it only differs in name because it was released at different periods after the discontinuation of the previous one

so the tropical dream was the first one ever that i chanced upon last june
and i bought like 5 back and finished 4 by september
no i will not admit that im an addict, but i blame myself for sharpening too much off each time )':

then my friend went to korea in december and got me the botanical one but in brown (i had asked for black)
but it was an AWESOME MISTAKE
because i am now in love with the brown! ^^
this brown actually makes me look so much gentler, like my eyes are enhanced but its not that obvious that im using eyeliner to enhance them
*when i go to korea (in 2 weeks time!) im gonna get more browns!!

and the 3rd one, the provence liner, my colleague got them for me just 2 months ago when she went to korea
i got them because i had finished exams and was going to work like almost everyday and so i needed more of my staple liners in case they run out

if im not wrong, there's a whole provence line in nature republic besides my gel liner
there's provence lipsticks, provence eyeshadows, provence foundation, provence nail polishes etc

whatever it is, i hope nature republic continues their gel liners forever
name or no name i honestly dont care
as long as its there!

i really dont know where else to get these other than from nature republic in korea
i tried online stores but they are always overpriced or sold out ):
if you see them being sold on the internet, tell me!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you sharpen the provence liner too?

Lea said...

Do ou sharpen the provence gel liner?

A said...

hello (: yes i sharpen them with the botanical/tropical sharpeners which i still keep (even though they're finished) just for the sake of the convenient sharpeners!

Jen said...

How do you sharpen the gel liner that has the smuger? I tried twisting it but it didnt work, i dont know how to continue using it after i have finished the tip.thanks!

A said...

hi jen!
you can try twisting it at the 'coloured' part just below the smuger. let me know if that helps (:

Jen said...

Hello! Thanks for replying :) I tried to twist everywhere i could but still couldnt get it moving....:( i bought a few of it when i went korea... non is twistable...

A said...

jen, i went to nature republic and found out why. some of the liners needs to be sharpened manually with a separate (more sturdy) sharpener. it costs 800won here in korea (:

Jen said...

Oh....that explains why.. really thanks very much for your help!!! :)

Anonymous said...

If you are ever around the NYC area then come by and stock up. There is a Natures Republic which opened in Chinatown. Things are really reasonably priced just a little bit more expensive if you are to get it in Korea.

Kiddo said...

I have the same problem as Jen's. The tip from my provence gel eyeliner is almost over. Does it mean that there is no way I can twist it somehow? I don't know if I will be going to Korea in the next few months...

A said...

hi kiddo, for the provence gel eyeliner, you have to purchase a separate sharpener for it and you can just sharpen it off (the plastic part). It doesnt look possible but thats just how it works haha. Hope this helps!

Kiddo said...

Thanks! It worked with a simple sephora sharpener!