Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

PORE STRIPS

Hey all! This is Admin LT :)

Today I will be reviewing 2 nose pore strips products that I've tried before.

First of all, you might wonder what's that? Basically, it gets rid of blackheads on your nose or other areas on the face where you have problems with blackheads.

Second of all, you might say I don't need that, it's not important. No! It's very important, just that you don't realise it! I used to think that buying pore strips are a waste of money, worst come to worst I'd just squeeze them out. But it was painful so eventually I gave up and let them be.

In fact, blackheads are caused by dirt blocking the pores which could lead to the formation of ugly protrusion making your nose look like strawberry (no its not cute trust me) or worst gives you acnes!

So one day, my sister recommended me the Biore pore pack and I thought why not? So I went to Watson to get one. (I recommend that you buy it from those supermarkets or hypermarkets, they sell them cheaper)

The Mentholatum pore pack was a gift from my mom's friend and I gave it a try and compared the two different brands.


Left: Biore Pore Pack Right: Mentholatum Acnes Medicated Nose Pore Strips





































Biore Pore Pack

I've included the instructions and functions.

Because my nose shape is far from the ideal type, it's flat and fat around the tip part. So it is very hard to find a good pore strip that fits nicely for me since my nose is not the average kind.

The Biore pore strip comes in two colours, black and white. They have the same functions just that the black one allows one to see more clearly the blackheads that comes out and have a greater sense of satisfaction? Whatever it is, I find see no point in getting a more expensive one with the same functions. The pore strip works fine for me, it delivers what it promises, getting rid of most of my blackheads except a few adament ones at the side.

However, it doesn't seem to tighten my pores because I can still see my big pores -.- and because I don't have long nails that help to peel the plastic film off, I always end up with a ruined corner where the strip just rolled in a bit and doesnt stick anymore. Argh. It's my fault though.
After around 10-15 mins (depending on how frequent you do it, you might need longer time for stubborn blackheads), you are supposed to pull the strip out from both sides. It doesn't hurt much but it does leave a sticky residue that you can wash away.

After cleaning, you can really see that your nose is smoother and kinda shining. It makes me happy to see a clean nose!

Mentholatum Acnes Medicated Pore Pack

First of all, I must confess that I love this brand! But for its other products which deserve a full post dedicated to it! Wait for it~

This pore strip has a different shape as compared to the Biore one, which you can see from the package front cover. Still, it doesn't fit my nose well T.T

It does an equally good job as the Biore one at removing blackheads but I recommend that you use this if your nose is prone to acnes because this brand is a VERY good brand for acnes prevention and maintenance.

It is slightly more painful than the Biore strip when you remove it but nothing intolerable. On the contrary, it doesn't leave as much sticky residue.




On the whole, I would recommend both. Try both and see which one fits your nose better or if you are like me, buy the cheaper one! :p You don't have to just use it for your nose, recently I realised that I have blackheads on my chin too -.-. I would cut the pore strip into half for better fitting and it works too!

That's all from me! Have a nice day and a pretty smooth glowing face!

No comments: